May 19th 2017
Green weddings can be a great way to show your guests that you care about the environment. From the food to the gown, the food to the gifts, everything at your wedding can be earth-friendly! Here is a collection of 10 different wedding favors that your guests (and the ozone) are sure to love!
For Everyone at your Wedding
- Start the green festivities at your reception with place card that are made with seed paper. The guest can take
their place card home and plant it directly into a pot or the ground! So, not only are you eliminating paper waste from a traditional place card, you are providing your guest with a way to help the environment!
- Instead of a gift or keepsake for the guest, make a small, charitable donation in the guests honor. What a way to spread the love!
- Give a plant! Depending on what area you live in, a small plant could be the perfect wedding favor! Tiny spruce trees, junipers, and herbs are easily transplanted, giving your guest a way to give back to the planet! Make sure to get the plants locally and have them in a biodegradable container!
- Homemade Soy Candles are a great way to give your guests a gift that will keep their home smelling nice and also keep them away from harmful traditional paraffin candles that are made with petroleum. Soy candles are fun and easy to make. Soy candles burn cleanly and do not give off the harmful carcinogens. Soy candles are also biodegradable and burn longer than traditional paraffin candles!
For the Bridal Party
For all the extra special people in your life, make sure to give them something a little more extravagant!
- Organic skin care products can be a great way to show your bridal party how much you appreciate them. These are all-natural and many of them do not have fragrance or dyes, which could irritate skin, making it a great gift for everyone!
- Organic coffee and tea can not only delight your guests, but also help support local growers and fair trade! Organic tea and coffee is free of heavy chemicals, something your guests will appreciate doing without!
- Wine lovers unite! Organic wine can make a great gift for every wine lover in your life! These are made with organically grown grapes and have no added sulfates!
- Recycled jewelry is a favorite wedding favor because it is not only beautiful, but it is also great for the environment. It takes things that would normally be thrown away and gives them a new life!
Eco-friendly weddings and great wedding favors can be fun for you and guests and great for the environment! Make sure to check the labels on everything you buy! Beware of fakers! Happy Wedding Day!